Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Patrick Wolf - 2009 - Vulture



Directed by Patrick Wolf and Rory Broadfoot.

Talk about nice editing. When I first saw this music video my opinion was immediately favourable, because I am a sucker for good editing (keep that in mind). But there's so much more than just that, mainly the b/w cinematography and costumes. Also, Patrick Wolf is very good at acting or at least at the art of expressing oneself visually and he truly knew how to express is own song: as excessive as the song. Both video and music also match very well because they share similar levels of rhytmic construction and the digital distortions in the image connect with the digital nature of the song. What I mean is that we have a yin and yang here: video and music in perfect harmony. Another opinion I have is that the mood of the video gives more credibility to the song, but I guess that's truly debatable.

1 comment:

  1. 2º ou 3º single favorito do ano passado lol (ali a par com o "Zero" dos YYY)

    ReplyDelete