Monday, September 28, 2009

Bat for Lashes - 2009 - Daniel



Directed by Johan Renck.

I guess everyone loves this video and it's old, etc. But, I like it too, so I guess I should put it in the blog where I post music videos I like, correct? Yes.
What I most like about this video is the camera work and overall cinematography, and there shouldn't be much debate on that. I think it's impressive how the color pallete matches the mood and synthish nature of the song.
Editing is pretty normal, but there are some moments where it touches awesomeness, especially at the beginning, praising the melody without being too over-the-top. I also like the order they chose to connect the last three shots, considering it's such a poor choice to have a cliché hug moment after freaky dark "things" dancing around. Also a good choice to end with a close-up instead of a medium or long shot, even tho I don't like Natasha's expression. She's overall GREAT in the rest of the video, fortunately.

1 comment:

  1. A Natasha é toda boa, ponto. E o Daniel é a minha musica fav do ano passado. Outro ponto.

    ReplyDelete